Monday, February 04, 2008

Giant Cupcake Trial Run

For Ryan's first birthday, I decided that I'd make him a giant cupcake for his birthday "cake." Here's a pic of the trial run. It's not too shabby if you ask me. :) I bought a giant cupcake pan from Wilton and decorated it myself. It was my first foray into decorating. What do you think? I don't think it looks that bad and it helps that it's for Ryan who doesn't care what it looks like! I think that I'm just going to put icing on the top and not on the sides, it looks a little too messy. The cake above is red velvet with cream cheese frosting and red sugar sprinkles. Trust me, it sounds a lot better than it tastes! I got the recipe from recipezaar. The cupcake was really dry because we had to bake it for a longer time since it's so thick. Anyways, let's hope that the one we make for Saturday turns out a little better!

No comments: