Tuesday, June 19, 2007


Father's Day

Although this Father's Day wasn't quite as exciting as last Father's Day where we got our BFP (don't think we can beat that any time soon, nor do we want to!), we had a good time. We went to Taco Deli for breakfast. I figured that if it was good enough for me on Mother's Day, then it was good enough for Steven on Father's Day. :) Gotta love the migas royale! Afterwards, we went to the Round Rock premium outlets, which isn't a very Steven thing to do, but we had to buy Ryan's baptism outfit. We got an all white overall outfit at Strasburg Children. Let's just say that we won't be shopping there very often. We also got the cutest baptism booties. They are little booties with crosses on them, they were too cute to resist. Ryan's getting baptized on Sunday. When we were looking for an outfit for him, I kept on picturing spit up/drool all over the front of all of those outfits! Afterwards, we're having a housewarming. I'm still nervous about the seating situation. Is it rude to ask guests to bring their own chairs? Anyways, hopefully we'll post baptism pictures and housewarming pictures next week. We definitely have to get good pictures of him in his outfit before it gets ruined! We had to buy him a 0-3 month outfit, which leads me to my next paragraph, Ryan's 4 month check up.

We went to Ryan's 4 month well-child visit on Friday. Ryan weighed in at a hefty 12 pounds and 6 ounces. Yep, he's a lil guy. He's still in the 15-20th percentile for weight and 35th percentile for height. He was 11 pounds and 2 ounces at around 3 months, so he's gained quite a bit, but he's still really little. We've been supplementing with formula for the past month, so I thought that would push him into the next percentile, but I guess not. Again, Ryan ran a fever until the following afternoon. He was so happy until the nurse came in to give him his shots. He started crying right away, poor guy. He did pretty well until bed time when he was especially fussy and he was really fussy the following day. It didn't make for a very fun Saturday. Oh well. The doctor did say that Ryan looked really good and called Ryan a big muscle. Yea, I thought that was a weird comment too. He was basically saying that Ryan was really strong, which I found interesting. We went to Steven's manager's house for dinner a few weeks ago and they have a daughter that is 10 days older than Ryan. She was so active compared to Ryan. She was jumping around, talking/screaming, and just constantly moving. Seriously, this kid could have beat Ryan up. It made Ryan look so sedate, so I was surprised that the doctor commented on how strong he was.

Yesterday, I went to a free rubber stamping basics class at Archivers. Archivers is my new favorite store that is fueling my recent scrapbooking addiction. The class was really informative, I learned a lot. I've never really been a big stamp person because what can you do with a stamp and an ink pad? It turns out that you can do a ton. Anyways, it was a great class and now I want to buy the entire stamp section, it's no wonder those classes are free!

When we bought our Stroller Strides Bob jogging stroller, I got a week of classes for free. I tried out a class a couple of weeks ago and I started using my coupon this week. I went to a class in Steiner on Monday. It was held all outdoors and boy was it hot! There was a breeze and it wasn't as humid as it has been lately, but I just can't imagine how much worse it's going to get! We did a lot of walking. It was good, I really enjoyed it. The instructor and other ladies there were really nice. I went back to the Lakeline Mall location today and that was good too. It's all one big program, but it doesn't seem like a lot of the girls go to classes in other locations and they seem to be curious about each other. I guess I'm an anomaly. I really like both instructors and I think it's good to mix things up a bit. Anyways, it's totally kicking my butt and I can barely move my legs. It's hard to always be the one lagging behind and the one doing all of the modified positions, but at least I'm trying. :)

Enough for tonight, I need to get more sleep!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: