Monday, July 03, 2006

We found out that we are expecting our first child on June 18th. Yep, that's right, Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to Steven. I'm sure that it's not one that he's ever going to forget! I was so stunned that I was speechless, I had to show him the test to tell him. I couldn't utter the words, "I'm pregnant." I'm still getting used to it, but it's definitely gotten easier to say. You can see that the test says "Pregnant" on the screen. I bought the one that makes it the most obvious.

The first time I tested was on June 7th because my stomach was completely out of whack for no apparent reason, but with the digital tests, you're not suppose to get an accurate reading until you've actually missed your period. I was thinking it was one of the ones you can use up to five days before you miss your period, but I got the digital instead. Apparently, it's either one or the other. :) With the home pregnancy tests, they are 99.9% accurate. There's practically no way you can get a false positive, but it's more likely to get a false negative. I have no idea how that works, all I know that it's positive and it's more than likely right! That, and I haven't had my period in awhile which is another obvious sign. It's actually very weird to not get it. It makes me feel like there's something missing, but there is definitely enough activity going on down there!

You're probably wondering when the due date is. According to various on-line calculators, I'm due on February 22nd/23rd. I'm really glad that next year isn't a leap year, or else the baby would only have a birthday once every four years. Think about how depressing that would be for a child!

I'm actually really excited about the due date because my birthday is in December, Steven's is in January, and the baby will hopefully come on time in February. February is also great because I won't be spending my third trimester in the Texas heat, which I am extremely grateful for. If the baby comes in February, then it gives us a few months before Steven goes to Edward and Sara's wedding in Taiwan and hopefully things will have settled down a bit by then. I'm really sad that I won't get to go, but I'm sure Steven will brings tons of pictures back for everyone to see. We're scheduled to move into our new house at the end of November, which leaves three months for me to get the house and nursery in order before the baby comes.

You're probably now wondering if this was planned and I can't say that it was, but it was a very pleasant surprise and now we know that we're not infertile! :) We were thinking that next year after Edward and Sara's wedding would be the perfect time, we're just a whole year ahead of schedule which is really surprising since I'm NEVER ahead of schedule on anything (just ask my multiple bosses at work)! It might not be what we planned, but we're so excited and for me personally this couldn't have happened at a better time. I think I've just been waiting for something huge to come along and it did in the form of a BFP (big fat positive)! Most of you who are really close to me know the struggles I was dealing with since February and it climaxed this past April and I couldn't see my path or purpose anymore which is why I really needed to go on that trip to Taiwan and Thailand, just to get my thoughts together and now we've been blessed with this baby and I am more confident than ever in what I want from this life.

As you can tell from the due date and that last paragraph, it happened on our vacation. Gotta love a vacation baby! :) It was funny because we were getting a lot of comments from Steven's family and it just looks like we gave into the pressure! It's just funny and I would love to see all of their reactions when they find out. :)

Will update more later. Sleepy...... Posted by Picasa

No comments: